Today we have a SkinnyChow salad that will fill you up and even fill up your husband! I gotta tell you, I would eat this salad every day for the rest of my life -- it’s that good! What makes this salad so tasty is the Chimichurri Dressing. Traditionally a topping for meats, chimichurri is a flavorful sauce made with fresh herbs, garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Today this chimichurri is drizzled over beef tenderloin, greens, potatoes and grilled onions to create a salad like no other! Another thing to point out is how delish the potatoes are when they are cooked along with the tenderloin, soaking up the juices and getting all crispy! MMmm! So, next time your man is feeling steak and potatoes, whip up this salad. Serve it up with some delicious crusty sourdough bread and some red wine, sit outside and down that SkinnyChow!
Grilled Steak Salad with Chimichurri Dressing (6 servings)
Family Circle, June 2012
3 tbsp plus 2 tsp EVOO
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
3/4 c. fresh parsley
2 tbsp fresh oregano
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1 pound beef tenderloin
1 pound fingerling potatoes (I used a mix of purple and regular)
3 medium red onions, sliced into 1/2 in rounds
10 c. watercress, trimmed
1 head boston lettuce, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and preheat grill to medium-high
- In food processor, combine 3 tbsp EVOO, vinegar, parsley, oregano, garlic, pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp salt. Process until well combined. Rub 1 tbsp sauce on the meat. Grill 2 minutes per side, turning three times, 8 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes in remaining 2 tsp EVOO and 1/2 tsp salt and place in a baking dish. Transfer beef to baking dish with potatoes and roast for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow beef to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Grill onion slices 2 to 3 minutes per side
- Arrange watercress and lettuce on plate with beef, potatoes and onions. Drizzle chimichurri on top of salad.
Nutrition Facts: (per serving) 314 calories, 18g fat, 18g protein, 21g carbohydrates, 3g fiber